注册 登录  
 加关注
   显示下一条  |  关闭
温馨提示!由于新浪微博认证机制调整,您的新浪微博帐号绑定已过期,请重新绑定!立即重新绑定新浪微博》  |  关闭

墨·色

 
 
 

日志

 
 
关于我

经典在线读【不定时添加】 柏拉图《理想国》 http://www.tianyabook.com/zhexue/lixiangguo/index.html

网易考拉推荐

Church History | Church of Eternal Light  

2012-07-03 23:47:53|  分类: 默认分类 |  标签: |举报 |字号 订阅

  下载LOFTER 我的照片书  |

Church History

Church History | Church of Eternal Light - tuotuofly - 墨·色

This church is one of the three original churches in Bristol, CT, built with donations from the community, costing 1600$ including the furniture. It began as a schoolhouse which was built in 1884 by agents of Miss Hattie O. Utter, a day school teacher in the North Chippins Hill district of Bristol. A year later she left the area to return to her home-town to marry and the church and Sunday school was continued by the Sessions family of Bristol (the famous clock and watch crafters) and Mr. B.S. Rideout.

On September 2, 1889, the schoolhouse officially entered into a charter, naming it Mount Hope Chapel. By 1907, the church became more than a Sunday school and had evolved into a non-denominational parish that had frequent sermons by ministers of different religions. On September 10, 1962, it changed hands once again and became the First Michel Spiritualist Church.

Twenty years later, the church again changed hands, and was renamed The Church of Eternal Light. In the year 2000 a new steeple and bell tower were erected, and a year later, on February 18th, 2001 the property officially became a Pagan Spiritualist church. To this day, The Church of Eternal Light serves the citizens of Bristol, as well as any who wish to attend (some even coming from out of state) with a multi-denominational means of worship.

Church History | Church of Eternal Light - tuotuofly - 墨·色

This tiny church, one of the three original churches in the town, began as a schoolhouse which was built in 1884 by agents of Miss Hattie O. Utter, a day school teacher in the North Chippins Hill district of Bristol.  After she moved away from the area to marry, the church and Sunday school was continued by the Sessions family of Bristol (the famous clock and watch crafters) and Mr. B.S. Rideout.
On September 2, 1889, the schoolhouse officially entered into a charter, naming it Mount Hope Chapel, remaining so until September 10, 1962, when it changed hands once again and became the First Michel Spiritualist Church.  Twenty years later, new owners renamed it the Church of Eternal Light.  A brand new steeple and bell tower were built in the year 2000 and on February 18, 2001, the property officially became a pagan spiritualist church and has remained so.
CEL Events
Events on July 5, 2012

Wolfsing Meeting

Starts: 7:00 pm

Ends: 8:00 pm, July 5, 2012

More details

Events on July 8, 2012

Magick Sunday

Starts: 2:00 pm

Ends: 4:00 pm, July 8, 2012

More details

Events on July 15, 2012

Ben Ridgeway

Starts: 2:00 pm

Ends: 4:00 pm, July 15, 2012

More details

Events on July 22, 2012

Knights Circle

Starts: 2:00 pm

Ends: 4:00 pm, July 22, 2012

More details




引文来源  Church History | Church of Eternal Light
  评论这张
 
阅读(101)| 评论(0)
推荐 转载

历史上的今天

评论

<#--最新日志,群博日志--> <#--推荐日志--> <#--引用记录--> <#--博主推荐--> <#--随机阅读--> <#--首页推荐--> <#--历史上的今天--> <#--被推荐日志--> <#--上一篇,下一篇--> <#-- 热度 --> <#-- 网易新闻广告 --> <#--右边模块结构--> <#--评论模块结构--> <#--引用模块结构--> <#--博主发起的投票-->
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

页脚

网易公司版权所有 ©1997-2017